BIG BLUE TERM OF SERVICE
FOR DRIVERS AND PASSENGERS.
(i) “Taxi (s)”: User musts that register as taxi drivers on the Website and that is accepted by Big Blue Taxi to participate in the project;
(ii) “Passenger (s)” means any User who signs up and registers as passengers on the Website;
(iii) “Services” means the passenger transport services through taxi or bike provided by the drivers or rider to the Passengers
(iv) “User”: Taxi Drivers, Rider and Passengers.
Representations and Warranties
You may only access the Service using authorized means. It is your responsibility to check and ensure that you have downloaded the correct Software for your device. The Company is not liable if you do not have a compatible device or if you have downloaded the wrong version of the Software to your device. The Company reserves the right not to permit you to use the Service should you use the Application and/or the Software with an incompatible or unauthorized device or for purposes other than which the Software and/or the Application is intended to be used.
By using the Software or the Application, you agree that:
- You will only use the Service for lawful purposes;
- You will only use the Service for the purpose for which it is intended to be used;
- You will not use the Application for sending or storing any unlawful material or for fraudulent purposes;
- You will not use the Application and/or the Software to cause nuisance, annoyance, inconvenience or make fake bookings;
- You will not use the Service, Application and/or Software for purposes other than obtaining the Service;
- You shall not contact the Third Party Transportation Provider for purposes other than the Service;
- You will not impair the proper operation of the network;
- You shall not intentionally or unintentionally cause or attempt to cause damage to the third party transportation provider;
- You will not try to harm the Service, Application and/or the Software in any way whatsoever;
- You will not copy, or distribute the Software or other content without written permission from the Company;
- You will only use the Software and/or the Application for your own use and will not resell it to a third party;
- You will keep secure and confidential your account password or any identification we provide
you which allows access to the Service;
- You will provide us with whatever proof of identity we may reasonably request or require;
- You agree to provide accurate, current and complete information as required for the Service and undertake the responsibility to maintain and update your information in a timely manner to keep it accurate, current and complete at all times during the term of this Agreement. You agree that the Company may rely on your information as accurate, current and complete. You acknowledge that if your information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete in any respect, the Company has the right but not the obligation to terminate this Agreement and your use of the Service at any time with or without notice;
- You will only use an access point or data account (AP) which you are authorized to use;
- You shall not employ any means to defraud the Company or enrich yourself, through any means, whether fraudulent or otherwise, through any event, promotion or campaign launched by the Company to encourage new subscription or usage of the Service by new or existing Passengers;
- You are aware that when requesting transportation services by SMS or use of the Service, standard telecommunication charges will apply;
- You shall not impair or circumvent the proper operation of the network which the Service operates on;
- You agree that the Service is provided on a reasonable effort basis; and
be amended from time to time.
- You may choose to pay for the Service by cash and where available, by credit card and or debit card (“Card”).
- In the event that you choose to pay for the Service by Card, you will need to register a valid Card which belongs to you in accordance with the instructions within the Application.
- If the Card belongs to another person, such as your parents, you hereby warrant and agree that you have obtained their permission to use the Card for the payment of the Service.
- You agree that we may verify and authorize your Card details when you first register the Card with us as well as when you use the Service.
- You agree that we may issue a reasonable authorization hold, which is not an actual charge against your Card, in order to verify your payment method via a Card. The hold may appear in your statement as “pending”. The authorization hold is issued as a preventive measure against any unauthorized or fraudulent usage of your Card.
- When you register for the Service, you will have the option to pre-set a default “tip” amount of your choosing. This will automatically be added to the taxi fee at the end of each journey and given to the driver unless you choose to override it with a different tip amount or to remove the tip.
- Once you have completed a journey using the Service, you are required to make payment in full to the third party provider and your payment will be deducted automatically and is non- refundable. If you have any complaints in relation to the taxi service provided, then that dispute must be taken up with the taxi driver directly.
- You agree that you will cooperate in relation to any financial crime screening that is required and to assist us in complying with any prevailing laws or regulations in place.
- You shall be responsible to resolve any disputes with your Card company on your own.
You agree that this Agreement shall be subject to all prevailing statutory taxes, duties, fees, charges and/or costs, however denominated, as may be in force and in connection with any future taxes that may be introduced at any point of time. You further agree to use your best efforts to do everything necessary and required by the relevant laws to enable, assist and/or defend the Company to claim or verify any input tax credit, set off, rebate or refund in respect of any taxes paid or payable in connection with the Services supplied under this Agreement.
License Grant & Restrictions
You shall not (i) license, sublicense, sell, resell, transfer, assign, distribute or otherwise commercially exploit or make available to any third party the Application and/or the Software in any way; (ii) modify or make derivative works based on the Application and/or the Software; (iii) create internet “links” to the Application or “frame” or “mirror” any Software on any other server or wireless or internet-based device; (iv) reverse engineer or access the Software in order to (a) build a competitive product or service, (b) build a product using similar ideas, features, functions or graphics of the Application and/or the Software, or (c) copy any ideas, features, functions or graphics of the Application and/or the Software, (v) launch an automated program or script, including, but not limited to, web spiders, web crawlers, web robots, web ants, web indexers, bots, viruses or worms, or any program which may make multiple server requests per second, or unduly burdens or hinders the operation and/or performance of the Application and/or the Software, (vi) use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, “data mine”, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Services or its contents; (vii) post, distribute or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior consent of the owner of such proprietary rights, (viii) remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in the Service.
You may use the Software and/or the Application only for your personal, non-commercial purposes and shall not use the Software and/or the Application to: (i) send spam or otherwise duplicative or unsolicited messages; (ii) send or store infringing, obscene, threatening, libelous, or otherwise unlawful or tortious material, including but not limited to materials harmful to children or violative of third party privacy rights; (iii) send material containing software viruses, worms, trojan horses or other harmful computer code, files, scripts, agents or programs; (iv) interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of the Software and/or the Application or the data contained therein; (v) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Software and/or the Application or its related systems or networks; or (vi) Impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity (vii) to abstain from any conduct that could possibly damage the Company’s reputation or amount to being disreputable.
Intellectual Property Ownership
include its respective components, processes and design in its entirety.
You shall maintain in confidence all information and data relating to the Company, its services, products, business affairs, marketing and promotion plans or other operations and its associated companies which are disclosed to you by or on behalf of the Company (whether orally or in writing and whether before, on or after the date of this Agreement) or which are otherwise directly or indirectly acquired by you from the Company, or any of its affiliated companies, or created in the course of this Agreement. You shall further ensure that it, its officers, employees and agents only use such confidential information in order to perform the Services, and shall not without the Company’s prior written consent, disclose such information to any third-party nor use it for any other purpose. You shall only disclose such information to such officers, employees and agents as need to know it to fulfil its obligations under this Agreement.
The above obligations of confidentiality shall not apply to the extent that you can show that the relevant information:
- was at the time of receipt already in the Recipient’s possession;
- is, or becomes in the future, public knowledge through no fault or omission of the Recipient;
- was received from a third-party having the right to disclose it; or
- is required to be disclosed by law.
Personal Data Protection
You agree and consent to the Company using and processing your Personal Data for the Purposes and in the manner as identified hereunder.
For the purposes of this Agreement, “Personal Data” means information about you, from which you are identifiable, including but not limited to your name, identification card number, birth certificate number, passport number, nationality, address, telephone number, credit or debit card details, race, gender, date of birth, email address, any information about you which you have provided to the Company in registration forms, application forms or any other similar forms and/or any information about you that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by the Company from time to time and includes sensitive personal data such as data relating to health, religious or other similar beliefs.
The provision of your Personal Data is voluntary. However, if you do not provide the Company your Personal Data, your request for the Application may be incomplete and the Company will not be able to process your Personal Data for the Purposes outlined below and may cause the Company to be unable to allow you to use the Service.
The Company may use and process your Personal Data for business and activities of the Company which shall include, without limitation the following (“the Purpose”):
- To perform the Company’s obligations in respect of any contract entered into with you;
- To process your participation in any events, promotions, activities, focus groups, research
studies, contests, promotions, polls, surveys or any productions and to communicate with you
regarding your attendance thereto;
- To respond to questions, comments and feedback from you;
- To communicate with you for any of the purposes listed herein;
- For internal administrative purposes, such as auditing, data analysis, database records;
- For purposes of detection, prevention and prosecution of crime;
- For the Company to comply with its obligations under law;
- To send you alerts, newsletters, updates, mailers, promotional materials, special privileges,
festive greetings from the Company, its partners, advertisers and or sponsors;
- To notify and invite you to events or activities organised by the Company, its partners, advertisers, and or sponsors;
- To share your Personal Data amongst the companies within the Company’s group of companies comprising the subsidiaries, associate companies and or jointly controlled entities of the holding company of the group (“the Group”) and with the Company’s and Group’s agents, third party providers, developers, advertisers, partners, event companies or sponsors who may communicate with you for any reasons whatsoever.
If you do not consent to the Company processing your Personal Data for any of the Purposes, please notify the Company using the support contact details as provided in the Application.
If any of the Personal Data that you have provided to us changes, for example, if you change your e- mail address, telephone number, payment details or if you wish to cancel your account, please update your details by sending your request to the support contact details as provided in the Application.
We will, to the best of our abilities, effect such changes as requested within fourteen (14) working days of receipt of such notice of change.
Third Party Interactions
Disclaimer of Warranties
THE COMPANY MAKES NO REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, OR GUARANTEE AS TO THE RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, QUALITY, SUITABILITY, AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SERVICES, APPLICATION AND/OR THE SOFTWARE. THE COMPANY DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT (A) THE USE OF THE SERVICE, APPLICATION AND/OR THE SOFTWARE WILL BE SECURE, TIMELY, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE OR OPERATE IN COMBINATION WITH ANY OTHER HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, SYSTEM OR DATA, (B) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS, (C) ANY STORED DATA WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (D) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIALS PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE APPLICATION WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS, (E) ERRORS OR DEFECTS IN THE APPLICATION AND/OR THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED, OR (F) THE APPLICATION OR THE SERVER(S) THAT MAKE THE APPLICATION AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR (G) THE APPLICATION AND/OR THE SOFTWARE TRACKS YOU OR THE VEHICLE USED BY THE TRANSPORTATION PROVIDER. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED TO YOU STRICTLY ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. ALL CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED AND DISCLAIMED TO THE HIGHEST AND MAXIMUM EXTENT. THE COMPANY MAKES NO REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, OR GUARANTEE AS TO THE RELIABILITY, SAFETY, TIMELINESS, QUALITY, SUITABILITY OR AVAILABILITY OF ANY SERVICES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE THIRD PARTY TRANSPORTATION SERVICES OBTAINED BY OR FROM THIRD PARTIES THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE, APPLICATION AND/OR THE SOFTWARE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE, AND ANY THIRD PARTY SERVICES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE THIRD PARTY TRANSPORTATION SERVICES REMAINS SOLELY AND ABSOLUTELY WITH YOU AND YOU SHALL HAVE NO RECOURSE WHATSOEVER TO THE COMPANY.
THE SERVICE, APPLICATION AND/OR THE SOFTWARE MAY BE SUBJECT TO LIMITATIONS, DELAYS, AND OTHER PROBLEMS INHERENT IN THE USE OF THE INTERNET AND ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS INCLUDING THE DEVICE USED BY YOU OR THE THIRD PARTY TRANSPORTATION PROVIDER BEING FAULTY, NOT CONNECTED, OUT OF RANGE, SWITCHED OFF OR NOT FUNCTIONING. THE COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DELAYS, DELIVERY FAILURES, DAMAGES OR LOSSES RESULTING FROM SUCH PROBLEMS.
Limitation of Liability
ANY CLAIMS AGAINST THE COMPANY BY YOU SHALL IN ANY EVENT BE LIMITED TO THE AGGREGATE AMOUNT OF ALL AMOUNTS ACTUALLY PAID BY AND/OR DUE FROM YOU IN UTILISING THE SERVICE DURING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO SUCH CLAIMS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY AND/OR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, ECONOMIC, FUTURE SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY TYPE OR KIND (INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS AND LOSS OF DATA, GOODS, REVENUE, PROFITS, USE OR OTHER ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE). THE COMPANY AND/OR ITS LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY WHICH MAY BE INCURRED BY OR CAUSED TO YOU OR TO ANY PERSON FOR WHOM YOU HAVE BOOKED THE SERVICE FOR, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE SERVICE, APPLICATION AND/OR THE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE, APPLICATION AND/OR THE SOFTWARE, ANY RELIANCE PLACED BY YOU ON THE COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY OR EXISTENCE OF ANY ADVERTISING, OR AS A RESULT OF ANY RELATIONSHIP OR TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND ANY THIRD PARTY PROVIDER, ADVERTISER OR SPONSOR WHOSE ADVERTISING APPEARS ON THE WEBSITE OR IS REFERRED TO BY THE SERVICE, APPLICATION AND/OR THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF THE COMPANY AND/OR ITS LICENSORS HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
THE COMPANY DOES NOT AND WILL NOT ASSESS NOR MONITOR THE SUITABILITY, LEGALITY, ABILITY, MOVEMENT OR LOCATION OF ANY THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS INCLUDING THIRD PARTY TRANSPORTATION PROVIDERS, ADVERTISERS AND/OR SPONSORS AND YOU EXPRESSLY WAIVE AND RELEASE THE COMPANY FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS INCLUDING THIRD PARTY TRANSPORTATION PROVIDERS, ADVERTISERS AND/OR SPONSORS. THE COMPANY WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO DISPUTES, NEGOTIATIONS OF DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND SUCH THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS INCLUDING THIRD PARTY TRANSPORTATION PROVIDERS, ADVERTISERS AND/OR SPONSORS. WE CANNOT AND WILL NOT PLAY ANY ROLE IN MANAGING PAYMENTS BETWEEN YOU AND THE THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS, INCLUDING THIRD PARTY TRANSPORTATION PROVIDERS, ADVERTISERS AND/OR SPONSORS. RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE DECISIONS YOU MAKE REGARDING SERVICES AND PRODUCTS OFFERED VIA THE SERVICE, SOFTWARE AND/OR THE APPLICATION (WITH ALL ITS IMPLICATIONS) RESTS SOLELY WITH AND ON YOU. YOU EXPRESSLY WAIVE AND RELEASE THE COMPANY FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, CAUSES OF ACTION, OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE, SOFTWARE AND/OR THE APPLICATION, OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE THIRD PARTIES INCLUDING THIRD PARTY TRANSPORTATION PROVIDERS, ADVERTISERS AND/OR SPONSORS INTRODUCED TO YOU BY THE SERVICE, SOFTWARE AND/OR THE APPLICATION.
THE QUALITY OF THE THIRD PARTY TRANSPORTATION SERVICES SCHEDULED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS ENTIRELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE THIRD PARTY TRANSPORTATION PROVIDER WHO ULTIMATELY PROVIDES SUCH TRANSPORTATION SERVICES TO YOU. YOU UNDERSTAND, THEREFORE, THAT BY USING THE SERVICE, YOU MAY BE EXPOSED TO TRANSPORTATION THAT IS POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS, OFFENSIVE, HARMFUL TO MINORS, UNSAFE OR OTHERWISE OBJECTIONABLE, AND THAT YOU USE THE SERVICE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
The Company may give notice by means of a general notice on the Application, electronic mail to your email address in the records of the Company, or by written communication sent by Registered mail or pre-paid post to your address in the record of the Company. Such notice shall be deemed to have been given upon the expiration of 48 hours after mailing or posting (if sent by Registered mail or pre-paid post) or 1 hour after sending (if sent by email). You may give notice to the Company (such notice shall be deemed given when received by the Company) by letter sent by courier or registered mail to the Company using the contact details as provided in the Application.
You hereby agree that the Company is entitled to terminate this Agreement immediately in the event that you are found to be in breach of any of the terms stipulated in this Agreement. For the avoidance of doubt, the termination of this Agreement shall not require the Company to compensate, reimburse or cover any cost incurred by you in the course of you acquiring Services from the transportation provider under this Agreement.
By submitting such personal information, we will be processing the personal information provided by you or any third parties and/or further information and data that may be required by us from time to time.
- COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We collect personal information when you:-
- use the Services,
- provide comments or submit a problem to us,
- request information from us and provide your name or return contact information,
- join any contests or surveys organised by us, or
- register an account with us either through manual registration or by connecting your social media accounts like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
We may process personal information such as:-
- your name, profile picture and contact details such as mobile number and email,
- if you’re a dispatcher, information from your driving license, road tax and bank account
- if you’re a user, your address and your recipient’s details,
- location information such as your precise location data and the delivery location,
- transaction details related to your use of our Services, including the type of service requested, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance travelled, and other related transaction details,
- usage and preference information such as preferences expressed, and settings chosen,
- device information about your mobile device, including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and verions, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information,
- call and SMS data including the date and time of the call or SMS message, the parties phone numbers, and the content of the SMS message,
- information generated from your participation in our survey or interaction with us in various other ways, such as demographic information, your comments, feedback, question or suggestions and information about a subject that may interest you, and
Your personal details are obligatory and if you fail to provide such information, we may not be able to provide you with the Services.
Some of the information collected by us may not be explicitly submitted by you as we also automatically receive and record information on our server logs from our mobile application or your browser, including your IP address, cookie information, the pages or functions you request, your browser type and language, access times, and/or the referring web site address.
If you give us information about another person, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his or her personal information;
- receive in his or her behalf any data protection notices; and
- warrant that you have obtained his/her consent for us to store his or her personal information or have the right to allow us to process his or her personal information.
- USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In general, other than providing you with the Services and other services incidental or related to the Services, we may use the information provided to us for the following purposes:-
- process and manage the use of the Services,
- respond to your inquires,;
- create personalized promotions by combining your personal information with non-personal information about you ;
- provide, maintain, protect and improve the Services, to develop new services, and to protect ourselves and our users;
- research purposes including historical and statistical purposes;
- general operation and maintenance of the Application including audit and its related portal(s);
- provide you with regular communications (other than direct marketing materials) from us relating to the Services; and
- investigation of complaints, suspected suspicious transactions and research for service improvement.
- DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with:-
- the dispatcher, if you’re sender or if you’re the dispatcher, we will share it with the sender and the recipient;
- our subsidiaries and licensees and our parent and other affiliated companies for the purpose of developing or marketing new products, services or portals that are developed by our related companies and informing you of such new products, services or portals;
- service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as merchants, partners, payment gateway provider, fraud investigations, bill collection, monitoring of user behaviour and the processing of payments for any products or services);
- third parties (including those overseas) who provide data processing services; and
- (e)any person, who is under a duty of confidentiality to which has undertaken to keep such data confidential, which we have engaged to fulfil our obligations to you.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if we have good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to protect and/or defend our rights and interests. We may, as permitted by applicable law, disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with an investigation of fraud, infringement, piracy, tax avoidance and evasion or other unlawful activity and you expressly authorize us to make such disclosures.
If we are merged or acquired by another entity, personal information may be transferred to such entity as a part of the merger or acquisition.